Friday, February 4, 2011

If memories are all we have, lets make the best of life :)

The one memory that always makes me smile, silently to myself, is not even a year old.  The summer of last year, in June. The first time I was going to go see my now fiance, Michael. Well it's the first time seeing him after 2 or 3 years. I remember when we set everything up to hang out. I remember staying up all night because I couldn't sleep.  I remember the drive there.  I remember seeing him walk out of the building with the biggest smile on his face.

Michael and I started talking again June 2nd, 2010.  He had just moved back to Rochester after being in a 3 year relationship with a cheater. So he left her.  Back in April, I found him on face book...I had to request him as a friend. I also wrote him a little message.  That's what basically started it all.  We started talking about how we missed each other...then I took a chance and told him how I still love him and think of him everyday.  He took me by surprise when he sent almost the same message without even realizing that I was going to say the same thing.  Then BOOM!! We were making plans to see each other.  Two weeks later we set everything up.  I was going to get a ride out there from my uncle who worked out there and he was going to drop me off before he went to work.  Mind you...he had to be to work by 6am.  So the night before I cleaned my room because I couldn't sleep because I was so excited to see him.  around 4:40am I went over to my uncle's house, texted Michael and told him i was on my way.  So from Palmyra NY to Rochester NY i went.  It was a long ride in my opinion.  But it was worth it. We got there around 5:45 am.  I said my thank yous to my uncle and said see him later.  Then I texted Michael to tell him I was there. He texted back "YAY! I'll be right down!" I waited for about five minutes...and then the most wonderful thing happened.  He busted our through those doors and ran up to me with the biggest smile on his face, and picked me up, spun me, set me down and planted a soft kiss on me.  I almost fainted; probably because I was so tired. 

So we went about our day together. We took a walk on a trail next to the Gennesse(?) River. He took me to the restaurant Jines on Park Ave. Then we went back to his brothers apartment and his brother left to give us time alone.  We listened to music, talked, and cuddled.  I was the best day I had in a long time. 

Then the time came when I had to leave. I don't think I ever cried so hard.  It hurt me so much to leave him.  But as luck would have it, it wouldn't be the last time I'd see him.  We've been together since August 16th, 2010...two months after we saw each other for the first time.  We've been together a little over 5 months now. After being together for 2 or 3 months, he asked me to marry him. Hence why I call him my fiance.  I don't have a ring yet but to me that doesn't matter.  What matters is that I'm promised to him and he's promised to me.  I can't wait to make more memories with him.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment