Saturday, January 29, 2011

The one place I want to go back to...hopefully someday I will.

The one place, even as a "tween", that I felt at peace, that I felt any kind of hope for myself...was in Bellingham Washington. 
I was born in Albany, NY, moved to Las Vegas, NV when I was four, then when I was around nine or ten, my mother and I packed almost everything we owned and moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.  After three months of living there, we moved only thirty minutes south to a small pacific bay town called Bellingham, Washington.  The apartment we lived in wasn't so grand, but man I'll never forget the view from our bay window.  During the day you could see the whalers (instead of fishermen) coming in with almost nothing but a few thousand lbs of whale meat.  But dear God, at night...that bay in Bellingham shined from the lights of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.  I loved it. I miss it.  I miss waking up, opening the window and smelling that warm, gorgeous aroma of the pacific ocean.
Now, mind you, if you've all heard of Twilight or read it or watched it, you'll know that the Olympic Peninsula IS the wettest place to live in the continental US. Well, you can only guess where Bellingham is.  About 2 hours north of the Forks, Washington...north east to be exact. Never been to Forks but I have been to Port Angeles. Great food there.
The biggest part that I miss about Bellingham was the walks my mom and I always made down to the bay.  Getting tanned, feeling that warm sea spray on us. I want to go back so bad.
Maybe I will one day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I thought that was really interesting about the whole forks, washington thing from twilight, i actually love that movie. Did you go and visit the area in which the movie was actually set before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you mean bellingham or port angeles? i did indeed visit port angeles before the movie was even thought of lol.

    ReplyDelete