Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Answer me this...

Q:Why is the sky blue?

A: Well according to the Beatles and the movie Across The Universe, It makes them cry....

But really who knows why the sky is blue? Is it because the Sun reveals that kind of color in our atmosphere?
I have a theory, not a serious one, but, I think it's because of all the gases in our atmosphere.  Not sure why. I think the sky is blue because that's how it's always been during the day. Well if you wanna get technical, sometimes it's blue, sometimes gray, sometimes yellow, sometimes orange, sometimes red, and so on and so forth.  We just call it blue because some of us aren't awake to see it yellow, orange and red.

To me, the sky being blue is a beautiful thing. It means I get to look up into the sky and really be alive.  As to why the sky is blue, unless you know the real answer, it's an un-answerable question. But if I had to take an educated guess, I'd say it's because of the gasses in our atmosphere.

2 comments:

  1. you are mostly right...the sky is a prism and the gasses make the other colors less visable durring the day, longer wave lengths such as red, orange, and yellow go straight accross. the light blue is picked up in the gasses and radiates in all different directions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so, i kinda remembered it from Earth Science and Conservation haha.

    ReplyDelete